Cleaning & Disinfecting
It is important to clean and disinfect the ultrasound probe before and immediately after use. This chapter will guide you through the cleaning and disinfecting process.
Recommendations for cleaning the ultrasound probe as following step:
- Turn off your devices before cleaning it.
- To be ensured that all the coupling gel and other visible substances from the probe is removed by wiping with a clean paper towel. If necessary, to remove material dried to the surface, the cloth can be moistened with lukewarm water.
- It shall inspect the probe’s lens and casing after each use. To check out any damage that would allow liquid to enter the probe. If the user found a probe damage, the probe shall not be placed into any liquid (e.g., for disinfection) and shall not be used until it has been inspected and repaired/replaced by Leltek or a local distributor for service.
Recommendations for disinfecting the ultrasound probe (After cleaning):
- Spray 70% Isopropyl Alcohol onto the surface of probe head.
- Repeat step one for two or three times.
- Wipe out the disinfectant with a clean paper towel.